CloudMargin is an award winning, growth-stage FinTech company offering an innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) service. We are rapidly challenging the way financial and corporate institutions manage the collateral and risk associated with derivatives trading. We believe in offering our community an affordable, easy to deploy and scalable service. Backed by influential VC and corporate investors, our global team of over 50 works closely across product, technology and sales disciplines. Our flat structure and ethos of openness and communication means you’ll be engaged with everyone in the business and have the senior leadership team as one of your key stakeholders.
Reporting into the Lead Platform Engineer the Platform Engineer works as part of an Agile team that builds new features, products and maintain/enhance existing ones. As an individual contributor, you will be expected to have an important impact on the velocity of the team. The platform team provide the tooling and infrastructure for the other technical team to use (PAAS).
- Reduces complexity in the infrastructure and avoid over-engineering solutions
- Takes into account performance, scalability, security and testability when refining projects
- Writes high-quality, easy-to-maintain, testable infrastructure as code.
- Documents their work
- Understands and follows Agile principles
- Has a high impact on the velocity of the team and takes operational responsibility
- Gives high-level status update to stakeholders
- Investigates and infrastructure problems
- Ensure CloudMargin systems and tools are secure and up to date
- Minimum of 2 years or equivalent experience in DevOps/SRE/Infrastructure.
- 1-3 years or equivalent experience in AWS Cloud Implementation.
- 1+ year or equivalent experience in writing NodeJs.
- Collateral Management experience ideal but not essential
- AWS (ECS, ELB, MySQL/RDS/Aurora, Redis)
- Microservice architecture
- Apache & Nginx
- ELK and Prometheus
- CI/CD with Jenkins or GoCD
- Web development principles (REST, SPA…)
- Agile manifesto
- Pragmatic & Proactive
- Advanced communication skills
- Able to deal with pressure positively
- A strong team player “we” before “I”
- Highly-motivated and collaborative
Education / Professional Qualification
A good standard of education
You must have the legal right to live, work and remain within the UK
Please forward your CV with your application to be considered for this role.
Your application was submitted successfully.